The vision of Verita is to inspire kind and joyful learning communities who use innovative thinking to build a mindful and sustainable world. At Verita the learning environment is characterized by purposeful, focused activity in a kind and caring yet challenging environment.
Verita is a safeguarding institution, we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
Teacher Assistant – EY or Primary
Do you speak excellent English? Do you have experience working with children? Do you have the drive to succeed as a Teaching Assistant in an excellent international school? If you’re looking for classroom-based experience, working as a primary Teaching Assistant at Verita International School could well be of interest.
Your role as a primary Teaching Assistant is to immerse yourself in all aspects of classroom life, to help nurture and support pupils in all areas of their learning. We hope to appoint someone who is passionate about education and fully committed to getting the best out of those they support.
The successful candidate must have excellent English, a teaching qualification and previous experience working with children. Though most importantly, you must love working with young people.
Primary School Teacher
Primary school teachers are responsible for planning, teaching and assessing the Verita curriculum. They are expected to maintain a thorough understanding of both subject matter and pedagogy. Primary teachers are expected to treat their students with kindness and respect and to provide them with an outstanding international education which inspires students to achieve their full potential.
The successful candidate must have excellent English, a valid teaching certificate and a minimum of two years prior teaching experience and most importantly, you must love working with young people.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of up-to-date teaching pedagogy
- Knowledge of range of learning styles of students ages 6-11
- Skilled at differentiation
Primary areas of responsibility & accountability:
- Planning and Preparation.
- Prepare for assigned classes and show written evidence of preparation.
- Establish and articulate clear objectives for all lessons, units and projects to students.
- Link instructional objectives to the Verita curriculum.
- Guide the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals.
We hope to appoint someone who is passionate about education and fully committed to getting the best out of those they support.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Good command of English language
- Good knowledge of Google Workspace (creating email accounts, deleting email accounts, adding filters within Google Workspace, enforcing protection layers – 2-step verification)
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office (how to install it, create accounts, add passwords, encrypt hard drives)
- Good knowledge of network support (install switches and routers, route and terminate network cable, install wall jacks and troubleshoot or test faulty connections)
- Understanding of servers and how they work
- Understanding of computer hardware and configuration
The position entails:
- First point of contact for staff and school devices
- Reply to parents on basic information about students’ accounts
- Install software on school devices (laptops and tablets)
- Create and maintain the Google, Windows and Office accounts of all school staff
- Manages sign in and sign out schedule of devices and other tech resources
- Proactive visits of devices in school on a weekly basis
- Install, set up and maintain multimedia projectors
- Troubleshoots laptops, printers, projectors, tablets
- Troubleshoots and maintains the school network and wireless infrastructure
- Troubleshoots and maintains the school server
- Manages security and network safety
- Liaises with hardware manufacturers and suppliers
- Outgoing, confident, pleasant and positive personality
- Pro-active person of integrity, drive and energy
- Good organisational and administrative skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Capable of showing initiative including the ability to think ahead and work flexibly without constant direction to deliver his/her outputs
- Creative problem-solver with an eye for detail who is capable of applying analytical skills to day-to-day activities
- Good team working skills
- A person who is able to mix easily with persons of any culture or background
This job description is intended as a guide and is not an exhaustive list of the duties and responsibilities of this role. Such duties may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the post or the level of responsibility entailed.
This is a full-time position (working hour Monday-Friday in school or remote if requested by the Authorities). Salary will be discussed at the interview.
Please submit through email your application for employment including cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Please mention the position you are applying for.