The International Baccalaureate has set very clear guidelines and regulations that students must achieve in order to receive the Diploma qualification.
The curriculum is modeled by a Diploma Curriculum Framework with six academic areas surrounding the three core requirements.
Over the course of the two-year program, students:
- Study six subjects chosen from the six subject groups
- Complete an Extended Essay (EE)
- Follow a Theory of Knowledge course (TOK)
- Participate in Creativity, Activity, Service (CAS).
The student study load comprise:
- Three of the six subjects are studied at Higher Level (courses representing 240 teaching hours)
- The remaining three subjects are studied at Standard Level (courses representing 150 teaching hours).